Logging into the charger
To configure the charger, you must log in using the Credentials sticker. This contains the login details for:
- Ad-Hoc WiFi (to connect)
- Installer (to login)
- User log-in details
It is located inside the charger.
The charger is shipped by default with "Ad-Hoc" WiFi enabled. This means the charger will send out its own WiFi network, which appears when you power on the charger. It will remain on for 30 minutes. After that, you have to reboot the charger to get it back.
Note: Ad-Hoc WiFi does not give internet connection.
If you connect your device to Ad-Hoc, this device will go offline. To keep reading this online guide, connect to Ad-Hoc using a seperate device.
On a seperate phone or laptop:
1) Find WiFi network "VoltTime_000xxxx"
2) Log in with password on the sticker, or scan the QR code
3) Your device will ask you to accept a network without internet. Click "Yes".
4a) Scan this QR code, also found on the A4 installation diagram and on the side of the charger
4b) Optional: Go to https://10.10.0.1
If the charger is already connected to the internet, the Ad-Hoc network will not appear. In this case, please continue to "Logging in via building's network".
If the charger is already connected to the building's network, for instance via Ethernet or WiFi, you need to find its IP address to connect to it.
2) Scan for the IP. Look for "_evse._tcp.", the hostname is "source-xxxxxxxxxxxxx".
3) Copy the IP and insert it into your browser's URL. Remove the port (":80" or ":443")
4) Your browser will warn you the network is not secure. Tap "Detailed Information", then tap "continue to... (unsafe)".
If the charger is connected only via SIM, you cannot use any of the previously mentioned methods.
You can connect to the charger, if it is online and configured properly, via your backoffice if you have access to one.
The Chargepoint ID is "VT_[serial number]", the serial number can be found on the sticker on the left side of the charger.
- there is no Ad-Hoc network;
- the device cannot be found via the IP scanner;
- the device is not online in an OCPP backoffice;
you must connect your device directly to the charger.
2a) Connect the charger directly to your computer using Ethernet.
2b) Optional: If your device doesn't have an Ethernet port, you can connect the charger to a WiFi modem. Then you can connect your device to this modem's WiFi network.
3) Scan for the IP. Look for "_evse._tcp.", the hostname is "source-xxxxxxxxxxxxx".
4) Copy the IP and insert it into your browser's URL. Remove the port (":80" or ":443")
5) Your browser will warn you the network is not secure. Tap "Detailed Information", then tap "continue to... (unsafe)".
Commenting is not enabled on this course.